AOTRAUMA.ORG Центр Илизарова  

Ортопедия и травматология Общие вопросы/General questions Help Информационные технологии в медицине
 ВХОД ДЛЯ ПАЦИЕНТОВ
 вверх
 поиск
 админ
 главная
 исходное
 последующие

Re: LISS?
послал Alexander Chelnokov 15 Ноябрь 2004, 20:31

Dear Enes,

Sunday, November 14, 2004, 8:57:21 PM, you wrote:

KEMMD> I do realize that you are master surgeon,

I'd like to avoid personal appraisals...

KEMMD> and congratulations on another excellent, spectacular case (result),

THX, initial images are

KEMMD> - Your last posted case: how is possible to have secure fixation with
KEMMD> applied construct without additional casting, bracing or Ilizarov?

At that moment we had in stock only the 10 mm solid nails so of course there was no idea about early weight bearing. But it was quite enough for early knee ROM excersises (see attached). Two locking screws through the distal block provided that.

KEMMD> - I believe that one technique is good and to be recommended to others, only
KEMMD> if most of the surgeons in most of the cases could achieve acceptable (more
KEMMD> than 70%) good result

Imagine if G. Ilizarov adopted this approach - the technique would had never been released from his clinic :-)
Of course if we talk about antegrade nailing in distal femoral fractures with the particular technique even better than 70% results can be achieved - after appropriate learning curve, not so long.
Another problem may be dominant - in the US AFAIK one can not use Ilizarov rings and other part as a reduction tool for internal fixation because the Ilizarov's parts are single-use, so total cost of implants for one surgery is to be too high.

KEMMD> (importance of large series, multiple surgeons results
KEMMD> published in peer reviewed journals).

Large series are needed to reveal nuances and slight differencies between techniques. In the discussed case capabilities of the technique are self-evident.

KEMMD> Again, Locking Plating is minimally invasive, SUBCUTANEOUS
KEMMD> INTERNAL FIXATION

Characteristic of locking nailing hardly ever sounds less attractive...

KEMMD> and I believe for the most surgeons preferred
KEMMD> method of treatment for distal femur fractures

A new toy is more interesting and fashionable. And anyway it is not panacea, i have already seen presentations with LISS failures like the attached one presented by D.Seligson. And people also demonstrated incisions say that the method is not so LESS invasive as it supposed to be.

KEMMD> (I do not have any financial interest with any of the

Maybe we here do - if equal or better results are reached with $100 implant, why use the $1100 one?
Послать ответ

Имя
Email
Уведомление Сообщить мне по e-mail об ответах на это сообщение
Название
Комментарий
(Проверьте URL! Не забудьте написать http://!)
Кодировка
Если не знаете, что выбрать, выберите "Просто текст"!
Приложение
Можно приложить к сообщению файл c изображением, который затем будет доступен увидевшим сообщение.
Подготовка иллюстраций:
  • Рентгенограммы: черно-белые полутоновые изображения в формате JPEG (8 bit, greyscale) с разрешением от 300х200 до 1024х768 пикселов;
  • Клинические фотографии: полноцветные изображения в формате JPEG (24 bit, truecolor) с разрешением от 300х200 до 1024х768 пикселов;
  • Схемы и рисунки: черно-белые (2 bit) штриховые (line-art) изображения в формате GIF или compressed TIFF
  • Подберите степень сжатия файла JPEG и размер изображения таким образом, чтобы необходимые детали были различимы, но размер файла не превышал 75 кб.
  • Учтите, что текущая версия программного обеспечения Форума позволяет приложить к одному сообщению лишь один файл-вложение. Поэтому, если необходимо отправить несколько изображений, можно либо послать каждое как отдельное сообщение, либо в графическом редакторе объединить изображения в одно (сделать коллаж).
  • Если при подготовке изображений встречаются трудности, не стесняйтесь обратиться к координатору Форума.

• Введите видимые символы в обратном порядке. Enter the above characters in reverse order (*Обязательно)
    В тексте сообщения можно использовать теги HTML <B> <I> <P> <A> <LI> <OL> <UL> <EM> <BR> <TT> <HR> <STRONG> <BLOCKQUOTE> <DIV .*> <DIV> <P .*>
  • Обратите внимание: Поля с жирными названиями обязательны.
  • Старайтесь отвечать в рамках обсуждаемой темы, а не начинать новые обсуждения.
  • Указывайте адекватную тему сообщения, чтобы было ясно, о чем оно.
  • Не послайте сообщений не по теме (оффтопик), раздраженных, грубых или обидных комментариев. Здесь это неуместно.